Thursday, February 23, 2012

More Energy

I walk faster these days.  My co-workers have noticed and commented ("Hey, Ben!  Slow down, man!")  I breeze through stores.  I used to be very leisurely about my movements, but now I'm moving faster -- and yet, not in an impatient manner.  I don't mind slowing down. I don't mind waiting for slower people. (Although I'm still annoyed at drivers who don't pay attention to the road and don't look ahead of their immediate environs--like the person approaching a light who won't look to see about cross traffic until they get to the light.  Then they turn their head, check the traffic and make a yielded right turn.  If they'd just paid attention as they approach the intersection, they could've yielded without slowing the flow of traffic.  But, I digress...)

I have a lot more energy in general.  I'm more willing to run upstairs to get something.  I'm more willing to walk to the mailbox.  I get up and shower in the morning with less bleary-eyed lethargy.

More energy. :) It's nice.  And with more energy comes the willingness to exercise, make more effort and become more active, which provides more energy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment