Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fast 2, Day 11, Thursday

Weight: 211.6  (small uptick)

I think my weight went up for a couple minor reasons:

1) More salt intake.  When I made the soup yesterday for my friend, I had a little of the broth to test the spices.  There was a lot more salt in the soup than I've been taking in.  I hadn't really factored in the fact that one V8 in a day is providing my entire salt intake and it's very small.

2) No sauna.  Because I was too busy making the soup and delivering it to my buddy, I didn't have a chance to make it to the sauna.  I didn't sweat out a lot of my moisture (and fat?) last night.  Combined with the salt, this could be just a bit of water retention.

3) Readjustment. I've been on a pretty steady downward slope, so I was kind of expecting an uptick.  Nice that it was only .2lbs.  :)

Looking forward to my HuHot lunch tomorrow.

I asked my wife to soak some navy beans today so that I can make a soup for tomorrow's evening meal.  I'm planning to mix in the beans to provide a hearty protein intake. Combined with the veggies and a little chicken, it should be both tasty and filling.

I'm also reconsidering (as of this morning) my 10 days of solid food.  I may start juice-fasting again on Monday.  I haven't decided, but considering my schedule for March and my desire to hit my 200lbs goal by March 3, I'm starting to lean that way.  If I do it, then I'd juice through next week and the week after, come off for a night out with my wife on the 25th and then back to juice through March 3rd.

I'm out of ginger-root and my juices are suffering for it.  They don't have the pleasant kick that can sometimes make all the difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment