Monday, February 27, 2012

Fast 3, Day 8, Monday, February 27, 2012

Weight: 208.6  (or is it 209?)

I got onto the scale first thing this morning and it showed 208.6. I then peed a little and decided to weigh again, curious if it would change.  It did.  209.  O_o

I've already posted about yesterday.  But I did want to share that when I go to the sauna, I usually take a bottle of lemon-water with me.  Lemon-water is a 20oz bottle of water with either half or a whole lemon squeezed into it.  The half or whole depends on both what we have on hand, how much time I have and whether I do it or my daughter does it.  If my daughter does it, I have no idea what her criteria is for determining whether to use half or whole.  Mine is almost always a time versus what we have on hand question.

Throughout my sauna, I sip on the water.  In this way I'm giving my body the water its losing and I'm also supplying vitamin C, which is easily burned up in heat.  I wrap my towel around the bottle so that the sauna doesn't cook the bottle.  The nip that I drink from usually warms up to match the sauna heat.

I'm still trying to find out exactly how hot the sauna is.  I had presumed 120-140 degrees--but someone told me this weekend that he thought it was 170 degrees.   I checked the guages outside the sauna, but they didn't read an internal temperature.  I'm tempted to bring along a meat thermometer next time.  :)

Today I'm wearing a size Large shirt.  It's comfortable.  That would put me two sizes down in shirts (keeping in mind that I like a loose-fit, baggy shirt).  Also my size 38 pants that I bought the other day (and were "comfortable") are now "loose". I'm getting my size 36 pants ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment