Friday, February 24, 2012

Fast 3, Day 5, Friday, February 24, 2012

Weight: 211.0

Lowest weight so far in this effort.  :) 

Let's talk about the gross stuff first... ;)  I had a bowel movement last night that I was expecting to be primarily liquid based on the fact that I've had no solid food since Sunday night.  Nope.  Apparently there was still some solid material in my system.  I'm thinking it's through me, now.  Perhaps that explains the further .8lbs drop. 

I'm still feeling some hunger pangs now and then.  I'm wondering if it's because my body still had some solid food it was processing and desired more.  Cravings and pangs are not always easy to nail down as to why you have them.  I am getting quite full with my juices, though--as evidenced yesterday when I drank my V8 and actually felt "stuffed". 

Yesterday was a spicy V8 for lunch.

Dinner consisted of:

5 granny smith apples
2 kale leaves
1 broccoli stem
2 cups grapes
1 cup blue berries
2 cups strawberries
1 slice cantaloupe
2 lemons
1 wedge cabbage

That made enough juice for myself and my daughter to enjoy.  She's been trying out a juice now and then and has lost 10lbs.  (Which she didn't need to lose, I should point out...)

We're running out of produce, so I'm hoping the produce order that my wife placed arrives today--or it's gonna be a *long* weekend!

Last night I spent 30 minutes in the sauna, 5 cool down, 10 in the hot tub and 10 more in the sauna.  I wanted to go 45 in the sauna, but I was starting to feel oppressed.  And when I got back in the second time, I wanted to do 15, but again, felt oppressed.  I take those "oppressed" feelings to be my body saying, "I can't handle this anymore!"  It's essentially the same feelings I have when I run a high fever, which is basically what the sauna is causing in my body.

My 25 day fast is going to be full of lots of temptation.  The week of March 5-9, we have out-of-town guests coming to the office.  That usually means lunches out with co-workers.  It looks like I'll be skipping those -- or bringing cans of V8 with me.

Then March 9-11 is my show in Cape Girardeau.  That may be tough, as well.  John Carter comes out that weekend. Maybe I can reward myself with a non-food treat if I make it through the Cape weekend. :)  I'll go see John Carter! :) 

However, I'm committed to getting 25 days done--which is a good preparation for my 40 day fast through the month of April.  My other thought is that I might take in salads at lunchtime on those days that the co-workers are in town and juice in the evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment