Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Conversation on Caffeine

I spoke with a co-worker today about caffeine.  I was *addicted* before I started this health kick. 

I was drinking two cups to start my day, usually one in the afternoon and having 6+ sodas a day, trust me, I know what caffeine addiction is! LOL Also, those "cups" of coffee were actually 24oz each.

The hardest part for me now is if I don’t get enough sleep the night before, I can’t rely on drinking a cup of coffee to keep me going in the afternoon.  However, since I’m sleeping so much better, I’m much less tired and have energy through the whole day.  Last night, for instance, I went to bed at 2am and was awakened early by my kids this morning, but I’m still going strong and don’t feel tired at all.

The trade off of "stimulant" for "better rest" is a no-brainer for me. At least, now that my brain is free of caffeine. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment