Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fast 2, Day 4, Thursday

Weight: 215.4  Dropped another 2 lbs yesterday...

I've had some of my biggest drops in the last few days.  The only thing I can think that I'm doing differently is that I'm visiting the RecPlex and sitting in the dry sauna for 15-20 minutes.  Yes, I sweat a lot, but certainly that's just water weight and when I drink my juices and my water, I'm replenishing that.  I can't imagine that I'm sweating fat out of my sweat glands. 

Yesterday I had a can of V8 for lunch (while sitting in the Mall food court watching my co-workers eat their lunches and smelling the fantastic smells of the food suffucing the whole food court).  Amazingly, I wasn't tempted at all to eat.  The V8 was fully satisfying and I was completely happy with my choice.

After work, the whole family went to the RecPlex.  I soaked in the hot tub for 12 minutes and then sat int he dry sauna for 20.  I call it a "dry sauna" because it has the heating elements, but you don't pour water on them to get the room to steam up. It's not a "steam room"--it's just a sauna.  After that, I joined the family in the kiddie pool and swam around with my kiddos.  We left at 7:30 because I had a conference call scheduled at 8:00.

I didn't have time to juice last night, so Naomi juiced for me.  She brought me my juice about 9:00.  That means I went about 9 hours between meals.  I recall reading somewhere sometime back that the time between meals helps with weight loss.  Perhaps that's a factor in my meteoric plummet from 223.4 to 215.4 in three days? 

These are the factors that I see:

1) Longer time between meals.
2) Vomiting on Tuesday evening.  (NOT a recommended weight-loss method!)
3) Sauna time.
4) A little more activity.

Number four on that list--I've stopped taking the elevator at the RecPlex with the kiddos.  I walk the one flight of stairs down to the pools and then back up when we're done.  The kids are still enamored with the newness of the elevator ride.

I'm more active in general, which could well play into this. Could it be metabolism?  Could the high-nutrition, low-sugar, no-sweetener diet have started to kick off my metabolism?

Whatever the reasons, I'm not complaining.  :)

15.4lbs to go till my steak dinner.  :)

I did some research yesterday on grass-fed beef and grass-fed buffalo.  I had all kinds of steaks showing on my screen, beautiful, delicious cuts of meat prepared in a myriad of ways--and I didn't get hungry or crave it at all. My body seems to have completely adjusted to this level of intake.

Last night my oldest daughter commented on how thin my legs were.  Then I flexed the muscles for her and she was completely amazed.  To be honest, I was a little surprised myself. It's as if my body has sucked up all the fat in my legs.  My muscles are very well defined.  Since I've been carrying around an extra 50lbs on my body all the time, my leg muscles are very defined and toned.  I noticed in the mirror at the RecPlex in the men's locker room that it seems like my skin is starting to "hang" a little on me.  My muscles are showing in my arms, shoulders and chest instead of "padding".

I really need to start an exercise regimen to build up my muscle-tone.  Time is the enemy here...

No comments:

Post a Comment