Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fast 2, Day 10

Weight: 211.4 (down 21 lbs)

I went to the sauna yesterday after work. 

27 minutes sauna
5 minutes cool down
10 minutes hot tub
5 minutes cool down
10 minutes sauna

I was *tired* after that.  Like I'd had a half hour workout or stimulating walk.  There was also a swim-meet at the RecPlex, so the parking lot was packed and I had park in Egypt (that may be an old slang reference some of you may not get--it means so far away, it's like parking -- literally -- in Egypt).  It was cold last night and I drove home with the window down on my truck.  I was still toasty warm when I got home.

Dinner last night was my usual:

2 Kale stalks
1 Bok Choy stalk
3 small stalks celery
1/2 Cucumber
1 cup Spinach
1 cup Cabbage
2 Lemons
4 Apples (2 granny smith, 2 red delicious)
2 Pears
1/2 cup Strawberries
1/2 cup Blue Berries

Shortly after I had dinner, I had an urge to sit on the toilet.  I do not know where the material came from that evaucated my body.  I was, frankly, quite surprised.  When I felt the urge, I thought it was going to be fluid, and there was some, but there was also a 5" chunk of solid mass that required no small effort of bearing down to push out. 

One of my friends mentioned that he thought the solid waste I'm pushing out could be the metabolized fat that is being consumed from my fat stores.  This bears consideration.  I thought when fat was converted to energy, that it was more of a juicy, slimy residue.  I have no science or evidence for that, it's just what popped first into my mind. 

I drank about 32oz of water yesterday in addition to my 32 - 40oz of juice.

I have always preferred a loose, baggy shirt.  I wore XXLs because they were loose and baggy on me.  I could wear an XL, but it hugged my skin and made me feel "constrained" -- which I don't like.  (Same reason why I never wear a t-shirt.)  The last few days, I've been wearing XLs--and they're loose and baggy.  Today I'm actually wearing a thin, long-sleeved t-shirt under my long-sleeved XL.  As my body has lost weight, my sensitivity to temperature has changed.  I'm cold!  The office keeps the temperature warm--but one of the conference rooms is always chilly, no matter the settings for the HVAC. 

Juicing today and tomorrow, then HuHot for lunch on Friday and that starts a 10 day solid food (plant-based diet, sensible eating, some chicken, some eggs, some fish).  If I make it to 200 by March 3rd, I get a steak dinner that weekend.  If I don't make it to 200 by that time, then I allow myself a  steak dinner *when* I reach to 200. 

March's schedule for juicing and solid food is probably going to be more intermixed due to my other activities.  I'll nail it down for sure when I get there. 

I'm debating within myself about making April a solid month of juice.  Honestly, looking forward to my solid food just a few days away has given me the resolve to keep going.  I'm not sure how I'd handle looking at April as a whole month of juice-only.  But, we'll see how I'm feeling in March. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment