Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fast 3, Day 4 Thursday, February 23, 2012

Weight: 211.8

Only .4 lbs from my lowest weight so far on this effort. 

Yesterday
Lunch: 1 can (12oz) V8
Dinner: I had the remainder (about 32oz) of the juice that I'd made the day before. But, I was still hungry.  After I'd let it settle for about 30 minutes, I made another juice.

3 granny smith apples
2 lemons
2 cups grapes
2 wedges cantaloupe
2 kale leaves
1 broccoli stem
2 plums

It was a drink for pure enjoyment.  And I definitely enjoyed it.  :)

Sauna: 40 minutes, 5 minute cool down, 10 minutes hot tub, 10 minutes sauna.

I took in a bottle of lemon water while I was in the sauna.  That was very nice.  It was simply a bottle of water with half a lemon juiced into it.  It helped replace my lost water and the lemon gave me vitamin C, which I've heard is used up when your body is overtaxed/overheated. 

When I got into the hot tub, where I could see the second hand on the clock better, I checked my pulse and I was cooking along at a healthy 120bpm.

I've had a bowel movement every day on this fast.  In fact, I had two on Monday. Three days--and four movements--worth of processed food removed from my system. No wonder my weight loss these three days has been so striking.  I'm not really losing fat, I'm losing processed food and water.  Oh, I might be losing a pound or so.  I mention this because it's really easy to lose this fecal and water weight in the early stages and get excited--and then leave the plan and put that weight (and more) back on. 

This is not a sprint.  It's an endurance race.  It's a lifestyle change.  It's a new way of doing things--for the rest of my life. 

I'm almost out of my diabetes medication. I'm contemplating going off my meds.

Tonight is my youngest son's 4th birthday.  I may not make it to the sauna because we're taking him shopping for his birthday present. Interestingly, I'm not dreading the cake and ice-cream that everyone else will eat to celebrate his birthday. I know I can manage those temptations.  I've done it before.

Speaking of managing temptations, last night I was very hungry. I had been thinking all day about hard-boiled eggs, deviled eggs, scrambled eggs...  Thinik I was craving protein? ;)  My wife, ever my strength and support, said, "Juice khan dew eet."  :)  The first three days on the fast are the hardest.  Today I'm not craving food, but I feel the emptiness.  And the emptiness feels very good.  :)

Now I need to focus on more activity.  I've taken to walking down the stairs from my office when I leave at night. It's three flights.  I recall once walking down 10 flights and my legs being very sore the next day.  Even if there's not as great a benefit as walking *up*, it's still *more* benefit that walking level and certainly *at least as good* as walking instead of riding the elevator.  I'm also contemplating parking further away in the lot in the morning and when I go to the gym.  Why try to nab the close spots if the point is to become more active?  Little things, that become a habit and a lifestyle, are what make the changes in your life.

I'm just under 12 pounds from beginning my exercise regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment