Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dropping Quickly

Weight: 218.4

I droped 2.2lbs yesterday, giving credence to the supposition that my weight gain was primarily water weight.  I didn't make it to the sauna last night.  We had a winter-weather system move through and dumped some snow. While it was only 2-4 inches, people in St. Louis don't know how to drive on the white-stuff.  I am not afraid of snow.  I am afraid of St. Louis drivers on snow.  :)

Last night I had a big lunch and a big dinner.

HuHot for lunch--which included two bowls of stir fry and some brown rice.  I made one bowl of salmon, onions and egg and another bowl of chicken, onions, green peppers, bamboo shoots, cabbage, carrots and egg. 

For my evening meal, I made a small soup (from my way of thinking, it should serve three meals at least) with broccoli and brussel sprouts, onions, some carrots and a can of rotel diced tomatoes and chilis.  I added 4 chicken breasts sauteed in onions, spices, olive oil and coconut oil.  After they were mostly cooked, I diced them up in the pan and let the fibrous interior of the chicken absorb the oil and spices.  I also cooked them in an iron skillet to add iron to my diet.  About 3 of the 4 chicken breasts were added to the soup, along with most of the juice remains.  (I did add about 6 ounces of water when the juices cooking the chicken breasts got low.)

While the soup was cooking, I also scrambled up six eggs with onions and about half a tomato.  I poured the remaining diced chicken breasts and juice into the scrambled eggs (also cooked in the same pan as the chicken had been cooked in--reusing oils, spices and adding iron to my diet.

It was a *lot* of food.  I was quite full after a my eggs and a bowl of soup.  Although I did eat three oranges--I was looking primarily for the juices as the salt content was higher than I'm accustomed to at this point.

Our office had a monthly acknowledgement of birthdays (we do it every month for everyone who has a birthday that month).  There was cake--but also a lot of fruit.  I had a banana, an orange, some grapes and an apple.  I was quite full when I'd eaten all of it.  Very happy that my office provided fruit as well as cake.  :)

We still have a guest in the office, so I'll probably eat lunch out.  For dinner tonight, I have my leftover soup.  Produce is light today because the snowstorm interrupted our produce delivery.

I'm going to try to sauna tonight when I get home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment