Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday, February 17, 2012

Weight: 217.4

Last night I got home, changed and went straight to the RecPlex. I sat in the suana for 35 minutes. Toward the end, I was getting tired and uncomfortable.  I realized that my body was demanding that I breathe faster. I started breathing faster--about like one would do on a strenuous walk--and the discomfort subsided. After a 5 minute cooldown, I slipped into the hot tub for about 10 minutes. Then I gave myself another 5 minutes cooldown and went back into the sauna for 15 more minutes.  I really sweat a lot on the second sauna trip. 

After the RecPlex, I had to run to Home Depot to buy a hand-truck.  I felt weak and tired while in the store, as if I had just come back from a strenuous workout.

I had eaten a big Indian buffet for lunch, but I was still not very hungry when I got home at about 8:15.  I decided to make some juice for dinner.  I decided to make it a "fun" juice.

3 apples (2 granny smith, 1 red delicious)
1 lemon
1/2 cup strawberries
1 stalk of something that looked kinda like broccoli, not sure what it was
1 red pear
1 orange
2 thumb sized ginger root
1 cup baby carrots
1 cup red grapes

It was a yummy, fruity, tasty drink.  I wasn't going for "I need to get all my nutrition from this drink" I was going for "I'm thirsty and want something tasty to enjoy."

I also had an apple that I dipped into almond butter, so I probably ate about 4 tablespoons of almond butter with my apple. I finished it off with an orange.

This morning, when I came into the office, I found more fruit in the lunchroom, so I nabbed some grapes, an apple and a couple oranges.  I've eaten the grapes, but my body is complaining about it. 

That's something worth mentioning...  After fasting so much, my body is actually complaining and "grumpy" about eating.  When I drank my juice last night, I felt my body expressing *relief*.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy eating and I enjoy making tasty dishes. But my body doesn't want as much as I've been giving it lately.  Almost as if it has settled into a mode that juice and some light solid food is a perfect balance. 

I'm not dreading my 3 1/2 week juice fast that starts monday--I'm looking forward to it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment