Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fast 2, Day 9, Tuesday

Weight: 212.4

EXACTLY 20lbs LOST!  It has been almost exactly a month -- 4 weeks and 3 days--since I started.  9 days of juice fast, a meal of solid food, a day of juice, two days of solid food, a day of juice, 8 days of solid food, 9 days of juice.

I start solid food again on Friday.  Sensible foods.  Stir fry at HuHut on Friday, a stew with some chicken breast in it Friday night, taking the stew with me to my friends' house over the weekend with raw veggies and (all-natural) nut butters (cashew and peanut) for "snacky food".  Then raw and cooked veggies all week with juiced fruits/veggies and start my juice only again on February 20th.  Hoping to lose that 12.4lbs by the end of February.

I didn't eat dinner last night.  Yesterday I had only one can of V8.  That means my intake for the day was:

Calories: 70
Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0g
Sodium: 600mg
Potassium: 670mg
Total Carbs: 14g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 9g
Protein: 3g

I sat in the sauna last night for about 25 minutes.  I didn't go to the hot-tub.  I got there late and they closed down the facility at 9, so I wanted about 10 minutes to get dressed without the stress of being chased out.

I didn't eat when I got back home, went to bed early (about 10) because I had an early morning meeting today.

I'll have a can of V8 at lunch and then juice tonight when I get home from work.  Still planning to go to the RecPlex and sauna again.  I think the whole family is going to join me this time and we'll swim, too.

I've decided that I'm going to keep focused on weight loss only until I get to (or below) 200lbs.  I'll reward myself with the steak dinner and then begin focus on exercise. The mindset that I have is that muscle is denser than fat and I could easily see my weight numbers rise as I am actually declining in fat and gaining muscle. 

My goal is set at 175lbs so that when I come off my intense diet, I'll accommodate a few extra pounds of food in my system and stay below 180.

I'm rather stoked that I dropped a waist size in pants.  :)  When I started, I was wearing a 40inch waist tightly and a 42inch was loose.  Now I'm finding the 40inch is loose and the 38inch is snug--but not tight (and I tried them on with swim trunks instead of boxer-briefs, so it may actually be less snug...).

No comments:

Post a Comment