Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fast 3, Day 3, Wednesday February 22, 2012

Weight: 212.8



V8 for lunch yesterday.

Came home from work, went to the RecPlex with the family.  I spent 30 minutes in the sauna, then cooled down in the pool playing with the kiddos.  Becky commented that I had a lot more energy than usual.  I was swimming against the current in the "lazy river" section and was fairly active with the boys. 

When I got home from the RecPlex, I made my dinner juice.  I made a big one and saved about half of it for tonight.  I drank about 32oz. 

4 apples (granny smith)
2 oranges
2 lemons
1 grapefruit
2 cups strawberries
1 cup grapes
2 kale leaves
3 broccoli stems
1/2 cup baby carrots
1 big chunk of ginger root
1 green (bell) pepper
1 cup cabbage
1 cup cantaloupe

Cantaloupe was my new taste.  To be honest, I'm not sure it really blended well with the other flavors. The strongest flavor in the mix was the grapefruit. I am not a fan of grapefruit, but I hear that it helps with weight loss, so I included it.  We're running low on produce, so I didn't have any spinach, tomatoes or cucumbers.

I've taken to boiling all the remains of the juicing process and the peels and rinds and stems and leftovers from the chopping process.  I'm saving the stock for making future soups.  I have *no idea* what boiled cantaloupe rinds and grapefruit, orange and lemon peels will taste like, but I'll find out. 

It just seems to me that there is a lot of nutrition in the remains that hasn't been tapped yet and I don't want to waste it.  Composting it would be a good idea, too--but I'm not setup for that just yet.

Some new things I'm noticing: My feet are sliding in my boots.  My boots have always been snug and tight--but now my feet slide when I walk.  Apparently, my feet are losing weight! LOL

Last night I was hungy.  I wanted to eat.  I mentioned this to my wife and she responded as always: "Jew khan dew eet!"  I then said, "Juice khan dew eet."  Then I realized that every time I fast, the second day, in the evening, is the hardest point.  Today will be easier.  Tomorrow will be much easier.  After that, I'll hardly notice it.

In fact, right now, I feel very full.  I've had some water, which has given me a "full" sensation and my body has no nutritional needs.

In the last two days, I've had three big bowel movements--which I think accounts for a large portion of the weight loss.  I've also been sweating a lot in the sauna and my diet doesn't include much salt--so I'm losing a lot of water weight, too.  Between food in my system and water losses, I think I'm accounting for most both my upturns in the last week and my downturn starting the fast.  It would be really nice to drop below my lowest weight in the next couple days.  Then the rest of the juice fast through the evening of March 16th will be actual weight loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment