Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fast 3, Day 2 February 21, 2012

Weight: 215.8

This lends credence to my belief that a large portion of my weight gain when I return to solid food is water retention and solid food in my system.  This leads me to further conclude that I may need to place my goal at 170lbs so that when I return to solid food I meet my actual goal of 180lbs.

My lunch yesterday was a Spicy V8. 

My dinner yesterday was juice consisting of:

4 Apples (3 Granny Smith, 1 Red Delicious)
1 cup Grapes
2 large Kale leaves
1 small stalk Celery
1 1/2 Pears (half of one of the pears was ... icky)
2 oranges
2 lemons
Several loose broccoli stems

It made about 40oz of juice.

I also soaked in the sauna yesterday. 

30 minutes sauna
5 minutes cooldown
10 minutes hot tub
10 minutes sauna

As I got to the end of my second sauna time, I was wanting to go 15 minutes, but I was starting to feel "claustrophobic".  I was bored.  I was feeling "oppressed".  It seemed more of an emotional reaction than a physical one.  It may have been that I stayed too long in the sauna.  I'm not sure. 

I was in the sauna from 6:00 - 7:00 and I made my dinner at 7:30.  For my body (and it may not work this way for everyone) the longer I go between meals, the better my weight-loss is. Almost as if I get past a 4-6 hour interval and my body says, "Well, no food is coming, I better start eating up the fat reserves..." 

Hunger hit me last night, but almost like a vague, "Didn't we used to have food about this time? Where is it?"  The empty feeling is actually pleasant and welcome to me.  I felt full and bloated and lethargic when I was eating solid food.  And my body really responds to the juice.  When I got home from the sauna last night, I was *Tired* -- note the italics and capital "T".  After I had my juice, and I mean within minutes, I was perky and alert and functioning on all cylinders.

My wife even commented that she could see an immediate difference in my body, especially my face, now that I was on juice again.  (It's the water-weight and associated bloating that's disappearing, I'm sure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment