Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fast 3, Day 10, Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Weight: 208.4

Two V8s for lunch--one spicy, one original, mixed. 

For dinner I made a big juice and shared some with the kiddos.  The first "batch" that I made was very veggie.  The second was very fruity.  I mixed some of the fruity into the veggie so that it was easier to get down.  Then I used the remainder of the fruity for a tasty "dessert" after my "meal". :) It worked out very nicely.

I also managed to get down close to 70oz of water yesterday.  32oz at work.  32oz at the gym.  About 6oz in the evening.

Sauna last night was better than usual.  My youngest daughter asked to go with me.  She's too young to go in the sauna, so she enjoyed the hot-tub while I was in the sauna.  (I restricted her to 15 minutes maximum at a time with a minimum of 5 minutes cool down afterwards.)

My sauna time was:

35 mins sauna
5 mins cooldown
10 mins hot-tub
10 mins cooldown
15 mins sauna

I took along a book to read and I think I'm going to make some changes to my diet in the future.  I'm still only a bit into the book, but I'd done some previous research that lead me to believe this might be a direction I want to go and the more I read, the more convinced I am.

The book is called "The Paleo Solution Diet" by Robb Wolf

http://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Solution-Original-Human-Diet/dp/0982565844/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330526573&sr=8-2

(I get no benefit for your clicking that link whatsoever.  I do not use this blog for commercial puposes.)

He has a good writing style, very personal and conversational.  Basically, the paleo diet is: if our ancestors could hunt it or gather it, it's fine to eat it.  They didn't really have a means to "gather" bread, for instance.  Bread required "processing".  Lean meats.  Veggies.  Fruits.  Limited (or none) legumes and grains.  I'm only about 30 pages into the book, but from other research I've done, this looks like a path I'll take in the future.

I'm also debating the "hardcore" path I'm currently on. 

On one hand, it would be really nice and a feather in my cap to continue on this 25 day fast.  On the other hand, this weekend and next week present some challenges.  However, I'm losing again.  My brief uptick is resolved and I'm lower today than ever (by .2 lbs).  I really want my steak dinner--which is 8.4lbs away.  :)  But I also want the milestone that it represents. If I had a third hand, I'd also say that tackling a 25 day juice-fast is a good stepping-stone to my planned 40 day juice-fast.

I'm still planning to finish my 25 day juice-fast--only 15 days to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment