Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Week of Eating Out (Redux)

Weight: 216.6

Yesterday for lunch I ate at the Brick House with my co-workers.  I had the atlantic salmon with steamed broccoli.  (It's an outstanding meal. If you go to the Brick House, I highly recommend it.) The meal comes with two bready cakes that I avoided.  (I asked if they could swap them out for more broccoli and they couldn't--or wouldn't.)  There is a creamy, buttery, tangy sauce that the salmon and broccoli are served over that is heavenly.  :)

And last night for dinner, my second oldest daughter (who turned 14 yesterday) asked to go to the Maccaroni Grill.  I also took her to see a movie--she picked John Carter of Mars, which I've now seen three times.  We ate the "two appetizers, two entrees for $25" deal.  I upcharged my meal for the "brick fired chicken and asparagus".  I told the waiter I couldn't eat the fried potatoes that were with the meal and he offered (*offered*) to give me a double helping of asparagus intead.  I took it. :)  I also had an appetizer of "spicy meatballs". 

Okay, here is another place where you can eat quite a nice little paleo-friendly meal.  my chicken and asparagus were grilled.  There was a little sauce for flavoring and a grilled lemon (which I squeezed over my whole plate and then squeezed the remainder into my water).  The dipping sauce was spicy, but not hot-spicy.  And the spiced meatballs were not hot-spicy at all, they just had a rich flavor.  I also ordered a very non-paleo fried mozzerella to go, which I enjoyed while in the theatre.

I also ate a peach and an apple in the theatre as the movie started.

When I got home, I had a late snack that included some cashew butter (straight off the spoon, baby!)--needed a little water with that.  And my oldest daughter was kind enough to make me 4 scrambled eggs, with diced onions and 4 strips of turkey bacon. 

I was expecting my weight to tick up, considering I ate my "snacky meal" at midnight and went to bed at 1:30.  Also, I didn't get nearly enough sleep.  (I did nap for a few minutes during the movie, though -- hey! I've seen it three times in two weeks, I read all the books over and over and over again as a kid, I think a small 10 minute nap isn't that big of a deal!) ;)

Today I'm eating at HuHot with a co-worker and tomorrow I'm eating at the Indian buffet with my co-workers.  This weekend I'm taking an electric skillet with me to the hotel room and planning a paleo-chicken/egg feast.  And I'll probably also have some Mongolian BBQ. 

Monday, March 26, I go back to juice only.  (And I'm really looking forward to it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment