Thursday, March 22, 2012

Taking Its Toll

Weight: 218.2

Uptick is, I believe, related to water retention and food in my system.  My wife gave me a new element of my colon cleanse yesterday--Dandelion Tea.  I used to refer to this as "dirt tea" because the flavor reminded me of getting a mouth full of dirt. However, now that my tastebuds have changed, its not as bad as I remember.  (Hard to admit that...)  It's not like I want to sip it every day, but it's a lot easier to swallow it now that my tastebuds have changed and I haven't had any sugar, aspartame, sucralose or sacchrin in over 75 days.

I'm still on the colon cleanse--and it's working.  I'll spare you the details.

Yesterday for lunch I ate at HuHot.  I was lethargic through the afternoon.  As soon as I got home, I made a juice.  I was thinking that my schedule would prevent me from eating any dinner last night.  Nearly the moment the juice hit my system, my energy levels skyrocketed.  And--very interestingly--I started burping and processing the HuHot that was still sitting in my gullet.  I only drank about 6oz of mostly veggie juice (4 cups kale, 2 cups spinach, big chunk of ginger-root, some globe grapes (stems and seeds included) and an apple.  I made another juice that was mostly fruit with only a little veggie in it as a "dessert".  Then I drove to my friend's house to get some work done--and buy some farm-raised eggs.

I came home about 9ish with 6 dozen fair-fresh eggs and some jalepenos.  I made a late-dinner with 5 eggs, 1/4 onion and 1 jalepeno with a boneless/skinless chicken breast.  I gave about 1/3 of it to my oldest daughter.  After I was finished, I ate a bunch (and I do mean a *bunch*) of blackberries and raspberries.  I've always enjoyed berries, but lately its as though I'm craving them.  Even raspberries, which have been pretty much a "take it or leave it" item for me has become something I really enjoy.

I'm including some pictures of the meal I cooked last night. 

Today I'm having lunch at the Indian buffet (Taj Palace) with co-workers. 


This image shows the chicken breast in the pan, mostly cooked and the spices and coconut oil that I used. Garlic salt, savory, ginger powder, cumin, chili powder and the LouAna coconut oil.

The raw chicken, starting to cook with the spices sprinkled on the top of it.

I used 5, farm-fresh eggs.  Notice the bluish color of the shells?  I picked them based not on the color, but the size of the eggs.  I'm seriously thinking about getting these kinds of hens for my own chicken coop...

Eggs scrambled, diced chidken added, diced jalepeno and onion ready to be added.


These are the six dozen farm-fresh (high Omega-3) eggs that I brought home last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment