Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fast 3, Day 13, Saturday, March 3, 2012

Weight: 207.4 (exactly 25lbs)

I didn't eat anything last night.  To be honest, I wasn't hungry, I was *craving* and *desirous* but I wasn't hungry.  Why eat when you're not hungry?  Isn't that what got me into this in the first place?  Yeppers.

I've got a sore throat this morning. The kids have been variously ill for the last few days.  I'm certainly catching something from them.

Sleep...  I went to bed at about 11:30 last night and woke up before my alarm at 7:30.  I peed and went back to bed, not to sleep, just enjoying the warmth and coziness of the blankets.  Sometime in the night my 5 year old son had slipped into bed with me and he awoke as I climbed back in. We talked about the things that little boys care about for awhile. Then I decided to get up and shower for the day.

From my reading and research, sleep quantity and patterns factor into weight loss (health overall).  I'm going to be focusing more of my energy toward getting regular sleep and in a quantity that my body needs. 

I also realized something as I read over my blog the other day.  My 1.2lbs gain on Thursday of this week immediately followed 1) a late night juice that 2) contained a much larger quantity of oranges than usual.  I've noticed that pineapple makes me retain water for a few days.  I'm wondering if oranges have a similar effect.  Last night I avoided oranges specifically.  My weight drop was 1.4lbs -- after a .8lbs drop the day before.  Interesting, neh?  I'll be monitoring this in the future.  I'll try another juice when I'm on a downward jag that includes more orange than usual and see what it does.

I'm off to visit my friends.  I'll probably have a little solid food, but I don't anticipate a significant gain and it may, in fact, precipitate a fall a few day later.  We shall see... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment