Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 6, 2012

Weight: 210.4

I can't really call this entry "Fast 3" anymore if I've broken the fast with solid food for three days, now can I?

Yesterday for lunch, I had one can of V8. 

After work, before dinner, I went to the RecPlex:
30mins sauna
5 mins cooldown
10 mins hot tub
10 mins sauna

For dinner, I made a big juice:
2 cups strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
2 apples
1 pear
2 baby bok choy
1/2 cup kale
1 cup globe grapes (with stems and seeds)
2 lemons
1 orange
2 plums
1 peach
1 nectarine
1 cup broccoli stems
3 stalks asparagus
1 stalk celery
1/2 cucumber
1 cup baby carrots

This made a *lot* of juice.  I drank about 64oz of juice.

I steamed the broccoli florets from the stems I used and put some coconut oil and salt on them.  Coconut oil is amazing stuff.  I highly recommend it.  It doesn't smell very coconutty, really. It adds a flavor and texture that fools your tastebuds into thinking you're having butter.  It doesn't spoil.  It stores (solid) at room temperature. And you can get nearly 32oz at Wal-Mart for $6.  We use "Louella" (I think?) brand. 

Also, I ate about 6oz of roasted, salted cashews.


About 9pm, I diced up half an onion, a whole jalepeno and mixed it with six eggs and some spices and scrambled up a spicy delight.  (Using coconut oil in an iron skillet--which I prefer because it puts iron in my diet and since I'm not eating raisins or red meat right now, my sources or iron are limited.)

And I still lost weight: 1.4lbs.

Any question that what I lost was water weight? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment