Monday, March 19, 2012

Busy St. Patrick's Day Weekend

Weight: 216.2  (Friday: 217.6)

I have to be compeletely honest--I'm amazed at what my weight is showing based on how I ate this weekend.  I ate out at HuHot on Friday night.  I ate some fruit and cashew butter on Friday night.  Saturday I "grazed" on fruit and cashew butter (with some celery) all day.  Saturday night I went to Cracker Barrel (and I need to talk about that in a bit) and then went out for the evening. I took a bag of fruit with me: peaches, grapes, raspberries, blackberries.  While out, I also had an "unwich" at Jimmy Johns (a subway shop). Instead of bread, they wrap the meat and veggies in lettuce and you eat it like a "wrap".  I had some mayo on my unwich.

Saturday night I also had a double shot of vodka.  I didn't intend to.  I don't often drink.  However, it was socially awkward to reject the offer of the shot.  I made a friend and strengthened a relationship by sharing the shot--and I would have distanced the friend and damaged the relationship by rejecting it.  Apparently I snored quite a bit on Friday night, so I'm wondering if it was the effect of the alcohol on me.

Sunday I had more cashew butter and celery and fruit--I also had some meat-sticks which have some flour and sugar in them.  I really figured that would push my weight up.  For dinner, I had a steak and steamed veggies.  Before bed I had some more cashew butter.

I was honestly expecting to be in the 220s.  I'm very happy to see that not only am I not that high, but I've actually dropped weight.

Some observations I have to share: Walking is much easier.  I had to walk a lot this weekend, stand a lot (on concrete floors) and actually found that sitting was more painful than standing and walking. And I do mean "painful".  My butt *hurts* when I sit for any length of time, now.  I have to shift my position often and I need to get up and walk around a lot more.

Cracker Barrel.  Did you know they have a "low carb" portion on their menu?  Did you know that it's very paleo friendly?  Oh, sure, they bring you a big basket of cornbread and dinner rolls with honey-flavored margerine--but why would you even look twice at it?  I had the "grilled chicken tenderloin" dinner with three sides (2 of green beans, 1 salad--ranch on the side, which I dipped my fork-tines into before a bite).  I also asked them to scramble 4 eggs and add some tomatoes, onions and green peppers (they didn't have any jalepenos).

HuHot also has salmon cubes on the bar.  They had a couple other fish types, but I trust that I enjoy salmon, so that's what I had.  I also had a little beef, chicken and even some spicy sausage.  In addition, I had a bowl of egg-drop soup and a salad with a vinegrette dressing on the side that I only lightly dipped a bit of flavor onto the veggies.

My steak dinner was a 12oz sirloin with steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with a "light butter touch" -- afterwards, I wondered if it was "touched with light-butter" or if it was "lightly touched with butter". 

My drinks all weekend have been lemon water.   (Aside from my doubleshot of vodka Saturday night.)

This week I continue to partake of paleo-style eating.  Starting a week from today, I'm back to juice-fasting.  And 5 days into my juice-fast, I'm on a water-only fast ... for 30 days.

I really miss the sauna.  I haven't been in over a week.

I'm still parking at the top of the parking lot, taking the stairs up and down at the office.  I'm going to check out the cardio room at the RecPlex this week.  And I'm going to swing by Wal-Mart to get a decent MP3 player so I can get some audio-books and make my time working out and in the sauna worthwhile and not just  a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment