Monday, March 26, 2012

Long, Busy Weekend

Weight: 217.8

I had a very busy weekend, out of town.  I left on Friday and didn't get home until late last night.  My meals were pretty decent for the trip.  I did have some "beef sticks" that had a little sugar and some flour in them.  I ate at a Mongolian BBQ.  I also cooked farm-fresh-eggs on a skillet with jalepeno, onions and tomatoes.  I also ate some skillet chicken breasts.  For mid-day meals, I had some cashew butter and fruit (bananas, raspberries, blackberries and grapes). 

Except for the Mongolian, I was a little light on veggies all weekend. 

I've started my juice fast.  I drank one can of Spicy V8 for lunch today.  I'll juice tonight.  I'm also looking forward to hitting the sauna again. 

My expectation is that 10lbs will come of pretty quickly as the food leaves my system and the water weight slides off.  Lack of salt and no food in my system coupled with the saunas should make swift work of that.

Then I anticipate the 1 lbs every 1-2 day loss from there.  When I hit the water-only fast (starting on Sunday) I expect that the weight will initially drop, then plateau, then start a steady drop. 

I haven't done a water-only fast beyond 20 days before.  I also haven't done one that long in nearly 20 years.  Everything my research has turned up about it is extremely positive.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the results actually are. 

(And, for the nay-sayers out there: I am prepared to break my fast with some chicken or eggs and avacado if I find that my energy levels are greatly reduced--I'm not planning to injure myself or my health.  My intent is the opposite--to reboot myself to a stronger and healthier body.)

No comments:

Post a Comment