Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Climbing Higher

Weight: 217.0

I had another paleo feast last night.  It's still sitting in my stomach.  I can feel it.  I'm still processing it.  Although I had three bowel movements yesterday, my weight still ticked up 1.8lbs.  I didn't go to the sauna. 

I know that I'm still dealing with food in my system and my pattern has so far established that when I have food in my system, my weight ticks up about 9-10lbs (between the food and the water).  I'm seriously craving the way I felt when my stomach was empty and I was relying on my juice for nutrition.  I feel heavy and listless.  I have very little energy.  Last night I ate and then just *sat*.  I didn't feel like doing anything.  That's been the complete opposite of my experience on the juice-fasts--where I have loads of energy and feel great without any mental fog. 

I've been talking to the paleo sychophants who keep telling me that juice-fasting is dangerous and bad for me.  And yet, I keep experiencing much better results and much better health when I'm juice-fasting. 

There is still a serious problem of portion control when I'm eating.  When I'm juicing, it's really easy.  "This is what you get.  Enjoy."  With preparation of food, it's "Oh, another chicken breast won't hurt me..." or "I can toss in two more eggs..."  Last night I was unable to finish the food that I prepared and I gave over half of it to my kiddos. 

I'm going to switch things around because this pattern is just not working for me.

Tonight I'm juicing.  That's all there is to it. And I'll probably juice till Friday.  I have another out of town show and I'm going to Springfield, where I have a traditional HuHot dinner with my friends.  I'll enjoy HuHot Friday night.  I'm taking the electric skillet I purchased on my last trip and I'll make eggs and possibly chicken breast in the hotel room.  I'll V8 for lunches.  Then on Monday, back to my juicing through Friday--when I have my trip to KC.  I'll have Mongolian while in KC.  Then back to juicing and that starts my 40 day juice-fast.  I may allow myself a little protein and fat (chicken/eggs and avacado) every few days while I'm on my 40 day juice-fast.  Depending on how I feel. 

But, I'm done with this feasting.  I feel listless and heavy and dull and foggy.  I feel *soooo* much better when I juice-fasting!

Last night's feast:

I cooked up half a package of bacon.  I put two chicken breasts into the bacon grease and added a little coconut oil.  I spiced the breasts with chili powder, savory, ground ginger root, cumin and garlic salt. I added chopped onions, diced green pepper, diced jalepeno pepper, diced garlic, all the juice and half the can of Rotel tomatoes/chilis and four small asparagus stalks. 

While it was cooking, I chopped the chicken into chunks (to be sure it cooked all the way through, but also to soak up some of the juices).  Just before it was finished, I added about half of the bacon I'd cooked up. 

In the same pan, I added more coconut oil and scrambled up four eggs.  I added the rest of the bacon, about a quarter of the Rotel and some of the chicken dish I'd just cooked. 

I also had two avacadoes with diced onion, diced jalepeno, a quarter of the can of Rotel, diced garlic and some garlic salt.  I nibbled on the guacamole while I was preparing the rest (dipped celery stalks in it, not corn chips!).  ;)

I also steamed some brussel sprouts and slathered them in coconut oil and garlic salt.
I gave my daughter who helped me about 1/3 of the guacamole and ended up giving her about half the eggs and chicken dish, as well.

I'm utterly stuffed.  Still.  I have been burping this morning, which is usually an indicator that I'm still processing food

No comments:

Post a Comment