Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fast 4, Day 3/40 Do I Have To Eat?

Weight: 214.0

Yesterday:

Lunch: 1 can (11.8oz) Spicy V8

Water: 32oz at work, 20oz in the evening (with lemon)

Sauna:
25 mins sauna
10 mins cooldown
20 mins sauna

Dinner Juice (8:30pm):
2 cups kale
3 carrots (about a cup)
1/2 large cucumber
1 medium tomato
1 lemon
3 granny smith apples
2 large (larger than two thumbs) ginger root (drink was *spicy!*)
2 bunches (about 2 cups) globe grapes (+seeds, +stems)
1 large green (belle) pepper
1/4 small canteloupe (including the rind)

Made about 50oz of juice.  I drank half my 32oz bottle and was ready to stop for the evening.  Actually, I should say that I didn't want to drink anything.  I wasn't hungry.  I was past the point of feeling hunger and thought it was too late to take in nutrients.  I ended up finishing the bottle and drinking about 2oz of another the second bottle--then I gave the rest to my daughter, who seemed to really enjoy the juice.  :)

I'm not feeling hungry.  Not feeling a demand for food.  In fact, I'm actually to the point that I'm *looking forward to* the empty feeling of having no food in my system at all. 

My wife has put me on trace minerals.  I put a 1/4 teaspoon into my juice last night. This morning with my herbal supplements, she gave me a cap-full (about an ouce) of something that tasted remarkably like liquified chalk.  There's only a little left in the bottle and when it's gone, it's gone. 

I'm very alert today.  I slept from about 11:30 to 7:30 this morning.  I woke up at 6:30 to pee.  I woke up again at 7:00 and decided to go back for another 30 minutes. 

Yes, I'm still using my alarm.  I know this is anti-paleo, but I sleep quite well and have a slightly different opinion about light at night, though I haven't read the book "Lights Out" yet, so I may change that in the future.  Bottom line: I have a job that requires me to be alert and active and *on time*. I don't have the luxury of being able to just let myself awaken whenever I feel like it--or it would be 10:30am.  (I'm a night owl, not a morning glory.)

Two bowel movements yesterday--one in the morning, one later in the day.   I didn't have an urge later in the day, I just needed to pee, but I sat down because I wanted to check some texts and after a few minutes thought, I wonder if there's something in there to remove?  Yep, there was. 

I'm being wishy-washy on what I want to do for this water-only fast coming up.  Part of me says to do it "cold turkey".  Another part says to add some supplements (herbs, minerals, coconut oil).  Still another part of me says to only do it for a few days and then give my body a little protein and essential oils--but keep my intake low enough to sustain ketosis. 

It's an experiment.  It's a trial run.  I don't want to commit to anything.  I've made no oaths or promises about this fast--though one might argue that by stating what I want, I've given my word.  Anyway, before it starts, I can be compeltely wishy-washy.  Once it begins, however, it will take something serious to change my course.


No comments:

Post a Comment