Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Movie Night

Weight: 216.6

I went to the movies last night.  Saw "John Carter of Mars".  Loved it.  (Read the books as a kid, John Carter was my hero growing up.)  I figured I would skip dinner and have a juice before bed.  However, traffic was lighter than expected, the theatre was nearly deserted, there was time to eat.

Near the theatre is one of my favorite chinese restaurants--a huge buffet with a Mongolian grill.  I loaded up on veggies and ... steak ... with a little chicken and had it grilled Mongolian style.  I had some sauteed green beans and salmon from the "Beijing" side of the buffet, too.  (The restaurant serves multiple types of asian cuisine on different parts of the buffet.)

I had a big plateful of meat and veggies.  I didn't feel stuffed, but I felt full.  I had a marvelous amount of energy all evening.

After the movie, I came home and made a "fun juice" -- apples, oranges, peaches, plums, grapes.  About 48oz. 

Several interesting things happened...  I started processing the juice almost immediately--but I still had beef and veggies in my system.  Processing the juice seemed to kick processing of the other foods into gear.

I woke up today, expecting to have gained a little -- and I've lost .4lbs.  Not a huge loss and certainly all water or processed food.  Still, it feels good to have had a big meal (most of it still rumbling about in my system) and have lost weight. :)

Today I started a colon cleanse program.  It needs to be done with food, so this is an ideal time to do it.  I'll be on solids for a couple weeks, then I'm hitting the 40 day fast.  I'm seriously considering 5 days of juice then 30 days of water-only and then 5 days of juice.  I'm still debating the specifics within myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment