Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday, Day 10

Weight today: 223.6

Yesterday I had solid food.  Grilled veggies, raw veggies, refried beans, rice, a sprinkle of cheese and about a tablespoon of sour cream.  It was a "veggie fajita" lunch plate at a mexican restaurant.  It was really good to chew food again.  It was very filling.  I ate everything except the flour tortillas.  I drank water with a lemon wedge squeezed into it.

For dinner last night, I had oranges, grapefruit, lemons, grapes, mango, pineapple, spinach, kale, carrots, red pepper, ginger, beet leaves, cabbage, brussel sprouts.  It was the tail end of the veggies from the last order.  It wasn't as fresh as the new stuff we got last week and hopefully the new order will show up today.

I've learned something about the juicer: don't juice pineapple.  It turns into a sludge instead of juice.  It's tasty and nice in the drink, but you have to spoon it out of the juicer. Also, pineapple seems to spike my blood sugar and makes me retain weight (water?). I ticked up .2 lbs today. And I don't think it was the solid food from yesterday.

I had to sit on the toilet for the first time in two days.  It required a little extra effort to push it out.  Mainly because it was so small.  When I wiped, there was no residue on the paper at all.  I wiped again to be sure that I hadn't missed something--and nothing on the paper.  Either my body is absorbing nearly everything or I have a big day coming... LOL

I feel great.  I'm energetic.  I'm rested.  I sleep better than I've slept in a long time.  Even though I'm a little short on sleep right now, I'm alert and functioning at a higher level than usual. 

Yesterday, after lunch, I walked up 4 flights of stairs.  By the time I got to the top, my legs were *tired*.  I need to boost my activity level.  I'm dreading the idea of the daily workout--mainly because of the timeslot I'd need to put it into (early morning), but also because I don't like going to a gym with a bunch of people in it.  I want to go when there isn't anyone around.  And that time just doesn't exist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment