Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fast 2, Day 2

Weight: 220.2

Yesterday I was not as hungry as I've been before when I was fasting. I think it was that way for two reasons.  Firstly, I had food still in my system from the weekend.  Secondly, I was actually looking forward to the juice-only fast because of how intense the nutritional absorption is. (Or so it seems to me.)

I had a can of V8 for lunch. 

For dinner I juiced:
3 kale leaves
2 bok choi leaves
2 romaine lettuce leaves
2 beet top leaves
2 cups spinach
1 cup cabbage
1 thumb sized ginger root
1 tomato
1 green bell pepper
1 cucumber
1 large carrot (about equivalent to 2-3 average carrots)
1 small container of blueberries (1/2 cup)
1 small bunch of grapes (1/2 cup)
2 lemons
1 lime
1 orange
3 granny smith apples
2 red delicious apples
1 cup of strawberries
2 peaches

That made about 40oz of juice.  I drank all of it by the end of the evening.  About 30oz at dinner time and about 10oz throughout the evening.

We also went swimming.  I spent 20 minutes in the sauna and sweat like a pig!  Then I spent 10 minutes in the hot tub.  We swam around for about an hour. Mind you, "swam around" does not mean laps.  It means playing with the kids in the water.  Lots of walking, hauling, carrying, catching--but not really a strenuous workout.  Even so, I was very tired at the end of the evening.

I think that my weight loss does have something to do with the amount of water that left my system.  Both through urination and sweating, I offloaded a *lot* of water.

I'm really looking forward to my juice again tonight.  I just had my V8 for lunch and find myself quite full and satisfied.  I crave a little more flavor, but I have no hunger pangs. 

My kids are juicing more, too--and I'm seeing very positive affects in their lives.  Becky, who is now pregnant, is also enjoying the benefits of juicing. 

I've requested some cranberries in my next batch of produce. I'm looking forward to making a tart juice with the marvelous benefits of cranberries. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment