Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday, Day 6

I'm out of town. I brought my juicer and bought plenty of produce. I've managed to stay on my fast. I've supplemented with V8 during the day because juicing in the hotel room and carrying a big jug of juice into the show requires more preparation time than I can spare. 

It was really hard today, to stay on the fast.  My friend ate at Subway and the smells enticed me.  We shopped at Wal-Mart and I was interested (if not accosted) by the sights of familiar flavors, textures and tastes. 

It dawned on me, then, that perhaps part of our growing obesity problem revolves around the way we shop for food.  Supermarkets and readily accessible foods, with little to no effort have lead to an easy "trough" that we--as a society--can belly-up-to. 

I also talked to someone in the show about the "Caveman Diet".  I'm going to look into it after I'm finished with my fast. 

And now, as I pass into slumber, I dream of veggies, roasted, blanched, spiced and--most of all--chewed.

(As an aside, when juice fasting, make sure you maintain a good dental hygiene. Forgetting my toothbrush has demonstrated just how "furry" one's teeth can feel when one is not chewing to help clean one's teeth...)

No comments:

Post a Comment