Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday, Day 9


Medication: 2 Byetta 10mcg (1 morning, 1 evening) Prostate Health Complex (Saw Palmetto, Zinc, Lycopene, Pumpkin Seed), Mega B12 Dots, Chromium Picolinate, Cinsulin, Cranberry, CoQ10.

Weight: 223.4

Yesterday:
I was a little down yesterday because my weight has been unchanging. Today it was a joy to see 2.4lbs less on the scale! J       

Food Log:
Celery, apples, strawberries, kale, cabbage, brussel sprouts, ginger, oranges, lemons, carrots, red pepper, spinach, grapes, 2 cans V8.

Water:
Yesterday I only drank about 32oz of water.  Today I’m not off to such a great start—I’ve only had one drink and it was to wash down the herbs.  My goal is to drink 64oz of water today.

General Thoughts:
I haven’t had to sit down on the toilet for two days.  No urge.  Nothing there.  Just to be on the safe side, in fact, I sat down a couple times to pee.  Nothing else.  Just pee.  Have I cleaned myself out?  Is my body just using everything I’m drinking?

I’ve been thinking about the drinks I’ve tried that I just don’t like.  There are things I need to get into my diet that I’m missing—but I really despise the flavors.  I’m planning to make a really strong, fruity drink and add a *little* of each of the things I don’t like.  Instead of 2 beets, I’ll put in half a beet.  Instead of a whole squash, I’ll put in a few slices. 

I’m also curious why I don’t see more melons in drinks.  It seems a no-brainer that something like a watermelon would be juiced.  Or a cantaloupe.  I just wonder why those are never on the lists of ingredients. 

I slept really well last night.  Was awakened by the storm at one point and by a little boy who decided he needed to sleep with his mom and dad.  J  Other than that, I slept through.  No need to wake up to pee.  No tossing and turning. In fact, I slept so long on one side that my ear and shoulder hurt when I woke up.

I’m starting to see a difference in the way my clothes fit and how I look in the mirror.  I suspect I’ll look a lot thinner when I trim my hair and beard, but I was kinda waiting to drop a few more pounds before I did that.  Going for a more drastic look.  J

I have another show this weekend.  I’m hoping it’ll be easier than the previous show to get my juicing done and I’m also hoping for no more headaches.  Maybe the detoxing has come to an end. 

Speaking of detoxing, I’m very curious to know how long it takes to flush aspartame and sorbitol (equal and splenda) out of your system.  I’ve been completely free of sweeteners for a week.  I know it takes sugar about 3 days to flush out.  I suspect it is longer with the sweeteners—though I’m hoping we’re not talking weeks or months.

I’ve also been debating what to do at the end of my 10 days.  I had considered making a soup and enjoying come cooked veggies and possibly even a little chicken.  However, with the recent success of losing some more weight, I’m sorely tempted to continue on the juice-fast until significant strides are made toward my goal.

Oh, and I have a goal now.  A weight I have not been since I was 20 years old.  180lbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment