Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday, January 20, Day 12

Weight: 222.4  No change.  However, I still have the fiber from my lunch in my system.  It hasn't processed through me, yet.  I'm curious how much of an impact that will have on my weight.

Last night I drank my juice after work and I was *full*. Not only was I full, but when I went to bed at 10:15, I *still* felt full. When I say "full" I don't mean "stuffed".  I mean that I felt that I had plenty to eat, I had no desire to eat any more, there was no hunger, no "emptiness," no gnawing "feed me!" screaming from my body.  As I thought about foods I could eat, it felt like my body was saying, "No, that's fine, I'm good."  :)

This weekend I'm going out of town again.  I've already pretty much decided that I will eat at Huhot.  At least, I'm seriously considering it.

I took some pictures of my juicer and the fruits/veggies that I prepared for my juice last night. I thought it might be interesting to see what all goes into 32oz of juice.

This is my juicer.  It's a Cuisinart.  I didn't get the Breville that Joe Cross uses in his video.  I spent $150 on this.  (The cheapest Breville that I could find was $250.)


These are the fruits and veggies I juiced. 

3 apples plus a couple that the kids had eaten a piece of that I cut the good parts out of, two pears, a kiwi, a red pepper, a bit of cucumber, a handful (about a cup) of cherry tomatoes, three stalks of celery, a handful (about a cup) of baby carrots, a lemon, a lime, and two handfulls (about 2 cups) of spinach.  I also added a bit of ginger root.

The apples, pears, carrots and tomatoes really sweeten the juice a lot.  The kiwi adds a smooth flavor. The red pepper adds both sweetness and a smooth flavor.  As I think about it, nearly everything adds a sweetness, some add smoothness.  I don't like spinach (never have). I have so far avoided drinking it straight. I can't tell you what it adds--aside from nutrition.

Ginger is *amazing*.  I used to hate ginger because I always had it as chunks in my food.  Adding it to a juice is a spicy kick that isn't hot, it's just gives a little bite to the juice that is quite delightful.  It also does wonders for digestion.  I can tell almost immediately if I've forgotten my ginger because when I have it, I start processing the juice immediately and when I haven't, it takes a little while before my body begins to process it.  (By this I mean digestion, which is often signified by a burps, as the stomach begins to break down the food and gases are produced.) 

I have decided, however, that I will *never* buy apple juice again.  Now that I've had real, juiced apples, there's just no going back.  For the price you pay for apple juice, I'd rather buy inexpensive apples, juice them and drink them fresh.  There is just no comparison.

 On the note of processing food and digestion. Becky has commented that my flatulence has greatly diminished.  In point of fact, I have had to fart occasionally, but it's small, quick and silent--with no odor. As opposed to the loud, bellowing smelly things that happened before.  I also don't burp as much.  I burp a little as the food starts to break down.  But, again, it's small, quick and silent instead of the large, thrumping cacophony that I used to have.

One more note on sleeping. I went to bed last night at 10:15. I was probably asleep by 10:30.  I awoke in the middle of the night, absolutely certian that I'd slept nearly a full night and my alarm was about to go off.  I thought it was 5:30.  I got up to pee (anytime I awaken, I always pee, it's an old habit from the high-sugar days) and there was a little pee, but not much.  As I walked back to my bed, thinking I had another hour or so to sleep, I looked at the clock.  11:20.  I was, to say the least, quite surprised.  I slept until 6:30 and completely missed the moment when Wash came into our room and climbed into bed with us. 

I also don't sweat under the covers anymore.  I used to sweat prolifically. I'd soak the body pillow I lay against and awaken in the morning drenched and cold.  I haven't been sweating.  And slipping under the covers doesn't overheat me like it did.  Just the loss of 10lbs of flab has made a huge difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment