Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hunger

I've had solid food over the last few days, which really seems to trigger and magnify my desire to eat.  Today I've had only one can of V8. 


My stomach has signaled my brain and requested a confirmation of whether my throat has been cut.

My brain signaled my arm to lift my water bottle and drain some water down my throat.

My stomach signaled my brain with language I cannot use in this medium. 

And now they're not talking.


I've done a little research on some dish ideas I want to try that involve grinding nuts into a "flour" and using that instead of grain flours.  Most of the recipes also involve using honey, but I'm not readyto reintroduce sweets into my diet, yet.


Tonight, I'm looking forward to a dinner of vegetable soup and juiced veggies and fruit, possibly some (all natural) peanut butter. I'm holding off on animal protein until this coming Friday when I shall once more visit Ryan's buffet, in Effingham.  I'll enjoy another salad, some cooked veggies and some chicken. And then I have to make a choice about the future of my journey.

I'm tempted to hit the juice hard and fast for another week, 10 days or 2 weeks. I've really enjoyed the effects of the juicing and how my body has responded to it.

Soon I shall receive a copy of the "Paleo Diet" or the "Caveman Diet".  I've heard many good things about this from a lot of people and I'm curious to see it.  It involves more protein than I'm getting currently and provides protein from animal sources.  As long as I can keep my animal fat below 5%, I'm within the healthy boundary that I'm trying to establish.

Right now, I still need to hit 3 weeks so that the established pattern--of eating better, eating less, consuming fewer calories and taking control of my health--can form itself into a habit.  (Habits take about three weeks to establish.)

No comments:

Post a Comment