Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 1

Since I started this blog a little late...  Here are my first few journal entries for the starting of the journey, which began on January 9, 2012...


Medication: 2 Byetta 10mcg (1 morning, 1 evening), 1 Chromium Distillate (?)

Weight: 232.4

Last Night:
Was up to pee a lot last night. I didn’t eat well over the weekend and didn’t take my Byetta on Sunday at all.  I had sugar over the weekend.  I also had a *big* fried fish and boneless chicken wing meal from Hooters for dinner Sunday night.  I haven’t cleansed before the juice fast, but I’m jumping into it with both feet.  I expect to face caffeine withdrawals on Wednesday and Thursday

Food Log:
Juiced some grapes, celery, zucchini, ginger, apples, pears, carrots, lettuce, oranges, lemons together, just to try out the new juicer.  The resulting juice was not something I’d care to repeat, but it wasn’t bad.

Planned food for the day is V8 (cans) because we don’t have the veggies on hand that we need.  I brought 7-8 small cans of V8 to the office to drink throughout the day while Becky gets the veggies I need.  I’m anxious to start and didn’t want to wait another day.

Breakfast (7:45am): Left over juice from previous night. About a pint (16oz).
Morning Snack (10am): small can of V8 (5.5oz)
Lunch (12:30pm): 2 small cans of V8 (5.5oz)
Afternoon Snack (3:00): 2 small cans of V8 (5.5oz)

Water:
Finished first 32oz of water at 1:00pm
Finished second 32oz of water at 5:00pm

General Thoughts:
I’m concerned about my ability to stick to this. I have a history of saying I’ll do something and getting partway into it and stopping with every “legitimate” excuse in the world. I don’t want to do that this time.  I’m intending to do a 10 day fast—but if I feel up to it I’ll continue it to 30 days.  In the back of my head, I want to push it to 60 days.  We shall see. 

I also have concerns that the lack of meat products will be detrimental to me in the long run. My blood type is best suited for processing meat and, unlike the other blood types, I lose energy and become depressed when meat is removed from my diet.  When meat is present, I’m full of energy and vibrant. 

I’ve been watching a few documentaries on the deadly nature of ingesting large quantities of meat and the life-prolonging nature of a mostly meat-free diet. 

My other concern is how to handle the dedicated load of my diet while maintaining my work schedule.  Both my day job and my side job are a concern.  I’ve decided to juice for the whole work day before leaving and take along bottles to work.  When I go to out of town gun shows, I’ll take the juicer with me and buy the necessary veggies and fruits while I’m out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment