Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 4

Medication: 2 Byetta 10mcg (1 morning, 1 evening), 1 Chromium picolinate, prostate health complex, cranberry, B12, cinsulin, CoQ10.
Weight: 225.8

Last Few Days:
Was sick as a dog on Tuesday and Wednesday.  I started the juicing with a cold on Monday.  After work Monday night, I drank my dinner juice, was feeling really tired and went to bed.  Bad headache, nasty cold, aching.  Went to bed about 7pm.  Asked for a bucket because I felt nauseas.  Woke up at 8:30 and threw up.  Woke up again throughout the night and threw up – nothing!  Oh, gotta love those dry-heaves.  Spent Tuesday and Wednesday sick.  Had more fruit-based juices than veggie-based.  Had a juice with beat in it that I just couldn’t drink.  I think it’s still on the kitchen counter. No one will touch it.  Have more difficulty with the veggie-based juices.  Don’t know why.  Have been incorporating more veggies into my fruit-based juices.  That may help.  Last night when it was so hard to get the veggie-juice down, I asked my daughter to make me a fruit-based juice.  That really helped. 

Food Log:
As is my norm, I don’t get hungry in the mornings and it’s hard for me to eat anything for lunch—but I managed to drink down about 16oz of last night’s left-over dinner juicing of tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, celery, broccoli, brussel sprouts, onion.  Very veggie taste and smell. Hard to handle.  Also drank two 12oz cans of V8.  V8 may be considered “cheating” by some, but I’m getting veggies and fruits with very little added and there’s nothing solid, so I’m still on a “juice fast”. 

Water:
Finished first 32oz of water at 1:35pm


General Thoughts:
I’ve noticed that my pee and poo are different.  The poo is not surprising at all.  After all, I’m on a juice fast.  I get a little pulp (one of my juices was very pulpy) but not all that much.  However, I still have some solid waste coming out.  It was “small chunks” on Tuesday, “smaller chunks” on Wednesday and today it’s like “little pebbles”.  I’m not sure if it’s the pulp or if my body is cleaning itself out. 

My pee is different, too.  For years, I’ve noticed that my pee doesn’t bubble anymore.  I remember making bubbles and chasing them with the stream as a kid.  Cutting out designs in the bubbles, etc.  My pee hasn’t bubbled for years (oh, it would bubble, but they’d disappear quickly).  It’s bubbling again.  Also, my pee has smelled strange for years.  Musky, thick—and if I drank coffee, I could smell it when I peed.  Not anymore.  My pee seems to have no odor anymore.  And it bubbles.  And the color is “right”.  It has either been clear like water or dark yellow (almost orange).  Now it is a proper “urine yellow”. 

I’m still recovering from my cold and flu, but I have energy and I’m more alert.  I slept really well last night.  I went to bed at midnight, still with energy. I awoke at 6:30 to my alarm, which I reset to 7:00 (normal activity).  I reset it again to 7:30—but got up at 7:20. 

I have energy and I feel alert.  I feel a little tired, like I’m recovering from the sickness, almost like a thin coating of blah on everything I do.

I’d love to say that the world feels brighter, that colors are more vibrant, that life seems to be returning – but I don’t feel that way.  Life is life.  It’s really more like it wasn’t there before and now it is.  Not that it’s more vibrant and colorful, but that it’s actually *there*.

 I’ve lost almost 7lbs in three days.  Becky says she can feel a difference when she lays next to me—the “bloat” is gone.  There’s still a long way to go and a lot of health to recover. 

Today work had a free lunch. Fajitas.  Big conference with all my colleagues.  Free fajitas.  Face-time with colleagues.  FAJITAS.  Free sodas. 

I drank my juice. 

I drank my V8. 

I made a presentation. 

I drank some water.  I came back to my desk. 

There are voices in the back of my head telling me about the free food.  But, I’m full.  I actually feel quite full.  I don’t want to eat or drink anything else because my tummy is *full*. 

Still, there are the voices of “want” in my mind.  “… fajitas…”

But I see a light, in the distance, in this long, dark, twisting tunnel.  And I hear a quiet voice behind me, louder than the one demanding meat, rice and cheese… 

It’s whispering, “You can do this!”

No comments:

Post a Comment