Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Water-Only Fast Day 3, Tuesday

Weight: 210.4

I worked 11 hours yesterday, no time for the gym. Unexpected request from my supervisor to take on a conference call with one of our overseas departments meant that I was working too late to make it to the gym.  Oh, I could've gone, yes--but then I would've been pumped up and energized before bed.  So, I ended up going to bed about 10. I woke up at 5 and laid in bed for 45 minutes hoping to get back to sleep.  No luck. Up at 5:45.  Out the door by 6:15.  At the office at 6:40.  It's gonna be a long day.  :(

No food to report for yesterday--water only.

No exercise to report for yesterday--work only.

Stress levels are still very high.

I think I "transitioned" yesterday. I went through a period of time where all I could think about was food and eating and cramming my face full of anything available.  I drank some lemon-water and that calmed the urges a little. I also played a game of Civilization, which took my mind off my activity (although seeing the animals, fruits, etc. on the land tiles plus my "irrigation" efforts still had me thinking about food...). ;)

Anyway, I think I transitioned into ketosis last night.  I have no urge to eat at this point.  I feel pleasantly empty. In fact, I feel like I could just keep doing this as long as I wanted at this stage.  The difficulty is over.  Now it's just a matter of determining my course.

Sunday is Easter Sunday and our family is planning to visit Grandma for a big dinner. I'm considering breaking my fast for a little bit of protein and veggies with a good helping of Omega-3 fats.  Part of me wants to, part of me doesn't. 

I have to question myself--is my desire to fast for 30 days just a means of proving to myself (and others) that my will is strong enough to do it?  I don't know.  Is this line of questioning just my subconscious trying to convince me to eat?  Interesting consideration.  Fasting is really more of the mind-game with oneself.  Once you're past the first few days, it's no longer a question of hunger and is more a question of mind over desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment