Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 3 of Water Only Fast

Weight: 209

No food yesterday aside from some lemon juice and pulp in my water. Drank a lot of water yesterday--nearly 100oz.

Sauna: 33/12/16 (33 mins sauna, 12 mins cooldown, 16 mins sauna).  The way I determine if I've cooled down enough to return is when my heart rate goes below 100bpm.  In the sauna I usually get it up to about 140, although one day it was as high as 156. 

Out of curiosity, I weighed before sauna and then after sauna.  I was at 210.4 before.  I drank 32oz of water while I was in there.  I weighed after sauna and I was at 210.  Could I have really sweated out a full 32oz-plus of water?  Intense!

Yesterday I faced some cravings.  I've come to associate those cravings and desires on the 2nd day to my body switching over into ketosis. They come on strong, then come and go for several hours, then fade away completely.

It didn't help that my favorite restaurant had my favorite food on special all day long.  *sigh*

Today I'm facing the "stomach is shrinking" feeling -- basically, my body is "complaining" that my stomach isn't full.  (In fact, I suspect there's nothing left in my entire digestive tract at this point, aside from the supplements I'm taking and the small amounts of lemon pulp.)

Tomorrow, I'll not feel any kind of hunger or cravings at all. That's just how fasting works.

We're planning a picnic for Saturday at the park with friends.  I suspect that I'll enjoy a little food.  I'm planning a chicken salad with gucamole substituted for mayo.  I'm planning to wrap it in a romaine lettuce leaf.  :)

Tomorrow I'll be working on my garden most of the day. I researched all my seeds last night to determine proper planting details.  I also realized that most of them should've been started indoors in planters over a month ago.  I'll do that next year, this year the remodel of the house has everything discombobulated.

Ah, new picture for today...



Weight loss progression since January 9, 2012:

No comments:

Post a Comment