Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bizzy, Bizzy, Bizzy

Weight 211.4

Don't get excited, my weight didn't stay the same. It rose as high as 216 over the past 5 days. I put on a bunch of water weight and had food in my system that was lingering. Life has been very hectic the last couple weeks.

I made an incredible dinner on Sunday that still makes my mouth water when I think about it.  I baked asparagus with onions, serrano peppers, garlic salt, chopped garlic, basil and oregano with olive oil and coconut oil. I served it with some ground beef that I'd made into patties with onions, garlic, serrano and jalepeno peppers -- then cooked it with a little coconut oil and dusted it with garlic salt and black pepper.  If we'd had avacados, I'd've also made some guacamole, but we didn't. 

I'm back to fasting.  I'm not making any goals for fasting beyond this coming weekend.  If I can make it through the weekend, then I'll keep going.  I have to say, not eating food and relying solely on water (and a little lemon in my water--not to mention the supplements I'm taking) is very liberating. I don't think about eating except in a creative context. I find myself thinking about how to cook things together and what nuances to add to change the flavors. I have a mild desire to eat, but not a driving need and certainly nothing I'd call "hunger".  And it's so liberating to be empty and free of the demands of the biology for continual feeding.

And my sleep! Oh how well I sleep, now!  I get sleepy at 10.  I'm usually in bed by 10:30 or 11.  I awaken at about 6:20 before my alarm goes off.  Sometimes I'll crawl back into bed and dose till 7. 

One of my goals now is to reduce and eliminate stress. Sauna helps.  I was in the sauna yesterday for 30/15/15 (30 mins sauna, 15 mins cooldown, 15 mins sauna).  Playing a game or watching a documentary also helps. Getting out and doing things helps, too.  Although the garden is a bit stressful (making sure it's in on time, adjusting my schedule to fit, etc.) it is also a lot of stress relief to get out and do something productive and accomplish a task, get my hands dirty and work with the soil and plants.  This is why we were made!  We were intended to tend God's garden! :)

Good news! My heirloom seeds have arrived and my garden will be tilled on Thursday. I'm taking a day off work to get into the soil and get it tilled and ready for planting. I'll also have a bunch of chickens with my garden and I'm trying to work out details for rabbits, as well.  My chicks are on order and in the next couple weeks my coops will be in place and ready.  Then I'll get going on my rabbit pens.

Next, I need to find a good location where I can catch some wild fish.  This fall I'll do some hunting and hopefully pull down a couple deer and a passel of squirrels.  That should provide a decent larder of high-Omega-3 foods, lean protein, fresh grown veggies, less processed foods, less reliance on the system for feeding me and my family.  All positive things.  :)

I've also started reading "TRANSCEND" by Ray Kurzweil.  There are a lot of things that he advocates that dovetail into what I've been researching on the paleo lifestyle. If you have Netflix, you might look into "Transcendent Man" to see what Ray has to say about his philosophies.  One area where we deviate is that he's all about supplements and relying on medical technology and I'm all about natural living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment