Monday, April 2, 2012

Water-Only Fast Day 2, Monday

Weight: 211.8

This weekend I was under a lot of stress. Cortizol levels in my body were sky-high. I caved in and ate some food after encountering some research that suggested it prior to a water-only fast. I ate a good, healthy meal on Saturday.

I sauteed some veggies, added a can of V8, cooked up some chicken breast in coconut oil, butter and spices. I scrambled some eggs and added the chicken brast to both the sauteed veggies and eggs. I also had some broccoli florets and brussel sprouts steamed with coconut oil and a little butter.  And, guacamole.  All of it had a fairly high salt content. I put on a little water weight and had food in my system (both of which are still somewhat true).

Water-only yesterday--but I was still digesting my dinner from Saturday, so it's hard to call yesterday a real "fast". 

I'm also having fresh-squeezed lemon juice in my water.

I went to the sauna yesterday: 20/10/10 (20 mins sauna, 10 mins cooldown, 10 mins sauna)

My office needs me to attend a conference call tonight, so I probably won't have time for the gym or sauna.  I'm very curious to see what affect the fast has on my energy levels.  I wonder if I'm in ketosis at this point. Since I was still processing the food from Saturday for most of the day Sunday, I don't know that my body had actually run out of carbohydrates, yet.  It certainly has today.

So far today I've drunk about 12oz of lemon-water (1/2 lemon squeezed into a 20oz bottle) and 32oz of ice-water. 

I keep running into different research on fasting--strong proponents to strong opponents. I don't know what to make of it all, to be honest. So, I'm experimenting.

I've decided that I will go at least a week.  If I choose to continue, I'll make that evaluation on Sunday morning. I may go another week.  I may take it one-day-at-a-time.  I don't know.

Right now I feel amazingly empty.  I've come to really appreciate this feeling.  I feel light and strong and empty and it's wonderful.  I don't feel "hunger".  I just feel empty.

It's definitely a mental game.  I'm still fairly focused on eating and food.  All my co-workers went to lunch and I'm left at the office alone with my laptop and my water. Killing an hour of time with just water is pretty lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment