Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Bump and Return to Fasting

Weight: 208.8

I went off my fast on Saturday and Sunday. Monday morning, my weight was 213.8 and I had a stomach full of the previous day's food.

I had a *big* meal on Sunday with the family and then in the evening, even though I wasn't really hungy, I ate some eggs with jalepeno and onions.  My reasoning was a typical problem in the past when it came to dieting: "I'm not going to be eating for awhile, so I better enjoy this..." If I'd avoided it, I would've avoided lots of issues that sprung up because of it.

Firstly, I gained 8lbs over the weekend (all water weight and food in my system, surely, but even so). 

Secondly, I had nasty gas, sulphur burps and discomfort for a day and a half.

Thirdly, it extended the time before I can get into ketosis.

I can still feel that there is food in my system.  However, it's gradually moving out.  I've been drinking consistently.  I've also added "Natural Calm" to my lemon waters and it's been a very tasty additive.  Be careful if you add it, however, and read the label to gradually work your way up to the two-teaspoons a day.  For instance, they recommend starting with 1/2 a teaspoon and working up--and also spreading the two teaspoons through the day.  Don't do what I did and put two teaspoons in your first bottle of water and guzzle it in minutes... 

I went to the sauna yesterday: 33 / 7 / 15 (33 sauna, 10 cooldown, 15 sauna)

My heartrate didn't go as high and I was able to spend more time in the sauna without feeling a strong urge to leave, as well as a faster cooldown.  Either I'm getting more accustomed to it, or they turned the heat down...

I'm fasting this week.  We have friend visiting this weekend, so I'll probably break my fast this weekend again.  I don't really want to establish this as a pattern, but it looks like it's starting to settle in.

I had some urge to eat last night--but after the gassy discomfort of the weekend, it was minimal. 

The weekend did afford me the opportunity to try some new recipes that I've been mulling over in my head, so that was a raging success.  Everyone at the Easter gathering seemed to love my deviled eggs with guacamole instead of mayonaise. My wife ate 5 of them!  I thought I was pigging out to eat 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment