Monday, May 14, 2012

Uptick: Food/Salt -- Fasting Again

Saturday Weight: 205
Sunday Weight: 209.4
Monday Weight: 211.4

Saturday I went to a friend's graduation party and I had a delicious dinner. :)

Sunday I made a stir fry and an incredibly delicious fruit cobbler using coconut milk.

And my weight took the expected uptick.

I'm back on fasting, clearing it out of my system. I'll eat again on Friday when I head out of town.

Last Night's Delight

I took strawberries and chopped them up. I added blackberries and blueberries. I layered these in a baking dish. Then I chopped two apples and a peach and added them. I took a bunch of grapes and juiced them (I also added some of the blackberries and blueberries to the juice).

I mixed the juice with coconut milk (why didn't anyone tell me this was like heavy whipping cream and incredibly thick, rich and delicious?!) and a little almond milk. I added vanilla and cinnamon.

I poured the juice-mix over the top of the chopped fruits and then smeared the pulp remains from the juicer on the top of the concoction.

I baked it at 425F for about 20 minutes.

Two mule teams and a Mack truck were needed to keep me from going back for seconds! LOL

The kids absolutely devoured it! :)  I think they licked the baking dish clean after it cooled... (or maybe before it cooled, I'm not sure...)

I had no idea that coconut milk was so ... intense! If I ever start drinking coffee again, I know what I'm putting in mine! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment