Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stress and Busy-ness

Tuesday Weight: 213.6
Wednesday Weight: 213.6

I'm very stressed right now.  Work is intense. I'm doing a show this weekend in Springfield. I have some writing pressures on me from my sideline activities. My garden is in severe need of weeding. The house is still torn up in remodel.  And I am short on sleep.  *sigh*

How I can be the same weight two days in a row after last nights' feast, I'll never understand...

Okay, Monday night, I ate some leftover stir fry, two avacados (with onions and serrano), and a big container of steamed brussel sprouts, onions and cabbage. I went to my kids' band concert and then picked up 2lbs of hamburger on the way home.  I diced up some onions and serrano, and cracked an egg into the mix.  I mashed it all together and fried it up with some coconut oil and coconut butter.  I also had some cashew butter mixed with coconut milk (highly *not* recommended--it was not a good flavor mix).

I ate 4 of the 5 burgers that it created.

That accounts for Tuesday's 213.6.

Then on Tuesday for lunch, I had 12oz of salmon from the local grocery's deli, a big tub of strawberries, a small tub of raspberries and a container of grape tomatoes.  (It was a very "red" lunch.)

After the choir concert last night, I came home and fried up 5 eggs, a 0 carb polish sausage and another avacado (my daughter claims it was 2, but I think it was more like 1 and she enjoyed some snacking). I also had some cashew butter. I also had a smoothie with pineapple, grapes and coconut milk.  It was absolute, sheer delight--pure heaven in a drink!

It sat in my gut all night, apparently and didn't really start digesting till this morning.  I've been gassy all night and morning as the food basically fermented in my system. 

And no uptick in my weight.  Go figure.

So, I posted this over at the Robb Wolf forums and wanted to share it here:
 
The one thing that has been the best for me on paleo has been that my butt hurts. Yes, it may sound strange and funny, but my butt hurts.

Why does my butt hurt? Because I've lost all the padding in my buns and sitting for more than a short stint makes my butt hurt--so I have to get up and walk around or just stand for awhile. And that's a really, really good thing for you to do. Sedentary jobs are life-killers.

I have a sedentary job. However, I find that I stand in meetings, now. And I walk around more often. If I've been sitting for very long, my legs fall asleep and my butt hurts--and I have to get up and move around.

Sure, we can talk about our intense workouts with all the strange letter and number combinations (P90x, 5x5, etc.)--but if you just get your body moving, get off your butt, bend over and pick up a pencil or the trash on the floor, walk it to the trash can, greet your co-workers with a smile (yes, smiling takes muscle movement!)... You'll be amazed at how much easier life is.

I used to *dread* going up stairs. Now, I routinely take 2 flights without thinking about it, my heart rate doesn't even tick up noticeably. :)

So, I wish you the strangest thing of all...

...I hope your butt hurts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment