Tuesday, May 29, 2012

After Memorial Day Weekend

Weight: 215.2

I had some stuff by accident on Memorial Day--some lemonade that I thought was water (I only had a sip, but got some sugar) and I had a whole cob of sweet-corn.  Aside from that, though, I was pretty good.  Beef and turkey burgers with mustard.  Fresh green salad.  Fruit and a fruit smoothey.  I didn't go "off" my diet (much).  It certainly could have been worse.  (I avoided the potato salad, beer brats, all the breads and the ice-cream.) :)

I've had a can of V8 and an orange for lunch so far.  I'm planning a paleo dinner this evening.  I'm tracking my weight carefully this week.  If I start ticking up I'm going back into juice fasting to drive it down again.  However, I'd really like to get myself "stabilized" on a normal eating plan so that I'm not in a "diet mode" anymore. 

My wife has said she has noticed that my portions are getting smaller.  I'm only eating when I feel hungry and only enough to eliminate hunger.  I've had a few times where I snacked on cashews while watching TV this weekend, but that's definitely not the norm. 

I'm really feeling a need to consume some veggies.  I think I'm a little light on veggies. I'm seriously tempted to run some through the juicer just to be sure I'm getting all my micronutrients. 

I'll go and check on the garden tonight, I think.

And I'm down to 24 chicks. We lost one over the weekend.  She had "crusty butt".  I was hoping we could nurse her through it, but she died.  :(  Oh, sure, we were planning to eat 10-12 of these chickens when they mature--but it's still a waste to lose one like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment