Monday, May 7, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy (again)

Weight: 218

I've not been eating the best, and been slipping off here and there--a little cheese, a little rice,  cashew butter, etc. And it's showing.  I've packed on a bit of water weight, my belly is still full of food from several days before.  I haven't been sleeping properly, so I'm taxing and stressing my system. 
 
I'm back at it, now.  Fasting for the next 10 days.  Even though I'm up a bit, my energy levels are still outstanding. :)
 
Something I've noticed, and this is kinda hard for me to admit....

I used to hate stairs. We live in a split-level house and I would routinely stand at the bottom of the stairs on the lower level and call up to my kids to bring me things. I dreaded them asking me to come up and look at their rooms. In fact, we even put a second refridgerator in the laundry room to accommodate easier access for drinks, snacks (though we excused the purchase with it being for "extra storage of leftovers" for our large family).

Now, I hike up the stairs routinely.

I still have that "dread" that comes over me when I see a flight of stairs, or a hill, or something that would have required extra effort to accomplish before--and I'm often surprised when I realize how easy it is and nothing to dread anymore.

All this to say that my energy levels are better -- but I still have the trained impressions of someone without energy. I walk up the two flights of stairs to my office instead of taking the elevator, now. I park at the furthest end of the parking lot (and up a hill) every day. I used to cruise around the parking lot for the closest spot, now I park way at the end of the aisles routinely.

My daily energy levels are up and I'm also more inclined to do harder physical labor and tackle big jobs--like planting a big garden.

And my taste-buds have changed. I ate some steamed cauliflower, onions and garlic the other day with some coconut butter and salt. I cannot describe how amazing it was! I had as much joy and pleasure from eating that bowl of delicious veggies than I've ever experienced eating french-fries or mashed-potatoes with gravy. In fact, the potatoes kind of turn my stomach thinking about them...
 
I'm looking forward to this fast with anticipation and not dread.  Like visiting a long-lost friend.  The clarity and "comfortably empty" feeling associated with fasting is something I strongly desire.  I'll be taking a trip out of town on the 18th, so I'll go off my fast at that time.  Then I'm planning an event on Memorial Day weekend that will involve food, no doubt.  :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment