Monday, April 29, 2013

Starting Over... Again

Today is the first day of my juice fast. This past weekend I made some experimental dishes and enjoyed them, but it's time to go back to the juice.

I made something called a "chicken bomb".  You basically fillet a chicken breast, pound it to 1/4" then wrap half a jalepeno which is filled with cheese in the chicken breast, then wrap bacon around the chicken breast.  Bake it for about 20 minutes at 425. The recipe calls for basting it with BBQ sauce, but I baked mine dry, then used spicy brown mustard as a flavor enhancer.

They were really good -- however, I have some improvements to try next time.

1) Spice the chicken. Cumin. Basil. Oregano. Chili powder?  I dunno.  The muse will strike when I'm making it again...
2) Add minced garlic in with the cheese.
3) A slice of ham in with the jalepeno and cheese.
4) Add some cayenne pepper to the spicy brown mustard -- just a small amount to liven it up.

Either way, it was quite tasty and I think I can make it even tastier. :)

Juicing today.  Looking forward to the cleansing emptiness, too. I'm hoping to get into the "empty zone" in 8-10 days where I reach a point where I *like* feeling empty and choose to continue it. :)

I'm heading out of town on the 17th. Ideally, I'll keep this up through then -- and eat my first solid food the evening of the 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment